Thursday, October 15, 2009

New Hampshire Film Festival - Day 1 on the way

I flew from San Francisco to Boston last night and got into Logan at about 11PM. Super smooth flight, I got upgraded to first class, the guy next to me was quiet and still, the flight attendants were really terrific and I watched THE HANGOVER on the little digital devices they give you sometimes. That is a funny movie. I checked in to the Courtyard Marriott Logan Airport which has a "re-imagined' lobby area which I found to be a maze sort of concept where things are hidden by these half height walls everywhere. I had a beer and went to my room and watched Conan. Not a bad day.

I woke up to this glorious view pictured above and am taking a break from repacking my bags. I picked up my red Ford Escape from Hertz and got their Neverlost Navigation system (which I sadly find to be one of the worst around) so I'm antsy to get to Portsmouth and get my credentials, meet some filmmakers and especially meet Deb Barry and Nicole Gregg who basically run the festival. When we go to the Telluride Film Festival my wife Buffy loves to go through the schedule and mark which films we will see and how we will get from venue to venue in time. I am on my own this time and I just hoping to see 5-8 films and get to know more of the filmmakers and Festival staff.

As always I have 3 backups to the master for Delta Rising just in case something goes wrong. This cut of the film adds a couple dimensions that weren't in the previous versions - better graphics, better still imagery, added James Super Chikan Johnson to a scene near the end and I am now dedicating the film to some of the subjects in the movie that have passed away. This has been a 7 year adventure almost and time takes its toll on some of these great blues legends. Okay going to finish packing and brave the crazy highways of Mass. - Michael

No comments: